Look! Up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! Well, yes, it could be a plane, but it could also be any number of flight vehicles. Whether aircraft or spacecraft, each require special coatings and treatments to meet the rigorous demands of performing under atmospheric pressure and temperature, not to mention in-flight debris. We’ve gathered a few relevant facts about aerospace coatings and current market trends.
For example, did you know that the global aerospace coatings market is expected to garner $2,433 million by 2023? Or that polyurethane resin is projected to be one of the most lucrative segments? These insights, along with those in the aerospace coatings infographic below, can help guide your upcoming coatings formulation projects. For additional insights on aerospace coatings, be sure to also check out Ron Lewarchik’s article, “Take Flight with Exterior Aerospace Coatings.”
Looking for materials for aerospace coatings formulations?
UL Prospector® has nearly 100 listings for resins, pigments, adhesives, and base formulations for use in aerospace coatings. Get technical data, request samples, and contact suppliers now.
Search aerospace coatings materials
Click the image below for a larger view.
- Markets & Markets: Aerospace Coatings Market by Resin Type, Technology, User Type, End User, Application, and Region – Global Forecast to 2022
- International Air Transport Association: Fuel Action Campaign
- Allied Market Research: Aerospace Coatings Market by Resin Type, by Technology, by User Type, by End-use Industry, and by Application – Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2017-2023
- Research and Markets: Global Aerospace Coatings Market 2017-2021
- Product Release Europe: Non-Stick Coating in the Aerospace Industry
- NASA: Nothing Bugs These NASA Aeronautical Researchers
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author or advertiser, and are not necessarily those of ULProspector.com or UL. The appearance of this content in the UL Prospector Knowledge Center does not constitute an endorsement by UL or its affiliates.
All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from UL or the content author.
The content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. While the editors of this site may verify the accuracy of its content from time to time, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor.
UL does not make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness or completeness of the content. UL does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of sites listed or linked to in any content.
Leave a Reply or Comment