In this video, I discuss how to create high internal phase (HIP) emulsions, which are water in oil emulsions with an elegant sensory profile. The techniques shown in this video allow you to create HIP water in oil emulsions with more than 80 percent water phase materials. Click below to see these techniques at work in both a silicone-based and non-silicone-based formulation.
HIP emulsions offer:
- an initial “quick break” sensation with high consumer appeal
- cushiony rub out time
- silky, not greasy after feel
Advantages of HIP emulsions
- Relatively cheap to create
- High input of water-based actives
- Cost effective yet highly efficacious formulas
- Clinically proven moisture protective properties
- Advanced protection from Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL)
- Tri-phase sensory profile
For a copy of the formulations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional formulation videos:
- Getting Active with Cosmeceuticals
- Polymeric Emulsifiers with Superior Sensory Effect
- Exciting Innovations in Sweat-Proof Makeup
- Getting to the Root of the Matter: Stem Cells in Cosmeceutical Products
- Natural Solubilisers and Essential Oils – Are They Up to the Test?
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author or advertiser, and are not necessarily those of ULProspector.com or UL. The appearance of this content in the UL Prospector Knowledge Center does not constitute an endorsement by UL or its affiliates.
All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from UL or the content author.
The content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. While the editors of this site may verify the accuracy of its content from time to time, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor.
UL does not make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness or completeness of the content. UL does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of sites listed or linked to in any content.