We are updating our pricing structure and introducing improvements to Prospector.
Since Prospector® was introduced in 1986, we have made continual improvements to better address the needs of our users. Evolution is a critical process necessary to make any service more effective. To that end, we’re working to build a simpler Prospector for Plastics, Additives and Metals while still retaining key functionality. The updates highlighted below include new subscription plans and search engine improvements that you will see in the next few months and throughout this year.
These changes will go into effect on June 27, 2017.
1. New subscription plans*
To provide simple choices of how you access Prospector and receive the most value, these new subscription plans will be available starting as low as $9 per month.
|Searches and Features||BASIC||PLUS||PREMIUM||UNLIMITED|
|Monthly Price (billed monthly)||$19||$79||$159||$239|
|Yearly Price (billed annually)||$9 per month
(billed $108 annually)
|$49 per month
(billed $588 annually)
|$119 per month
(billed $1,428 annually)
|$199 per month
(billed $2,388 annually)
|Unlimited access to technical data sheets & plastic recognition UL Yellow Cards|
|Search for plastics, additives & metals by keyword|
Search by UL color concentrates
|Compare materials side by side|
|Search by UL Yellow Card performance|
|Supplier documents – brochures, design & processing guides, TDS|
|Processing data – time, temperature & moisture settings|
|View typical values for products similar to any material|
|Export property data from search results|
|Display data visually to assist with material analysis|
|3D printing materials New Search!|
|Biopolymers New Search!|
|Medical plastics New Search!|
|CostMate® injection molding part cost calculator|
2. Simplified navigation and design
- A new layout with a cleaner presentation of searches and data displays.
- A brand-new navigation bar.
- Left side navigation.
- Right side search, results and data sheet display.
- Collapsable left navigation to allow for more space in the search and data display area.
- Dashboard view to quickly access recently viewed products, load recent searches and view new materials.
- Easily reference new and on-demand webinars, articles and industry news.
3. New search and data display
After the new subscription plans become available, you will notice rolling updates to Prospector throughout the remainder of 2017. You’ll learn about updates through our monthly newsletters, notifications when you’re logged into Prospector, and when appropriate, we will send you an email. A few improvements to watch for include:
- Faster searching – we are re-architecting Prospector ‘behind-the-scenes’ to speed up searches so that you can find answers even faster!
- New search and data display – as you enter search criteria, search results will render instantly making it easier for you to modify your search and easily navigate thousands of materials.
Share Your Ideas!
We invite you to become a tester of early unreleased versions of Prospector. As a tester, you will receive invitations to preview and provide feedback on new features before they are released publicly.
We hope these changes improve your Prospector experience and invite you to share your feedback and suggestions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Prices, plans and release dates subject to change without notice.
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of UL, ULProspector.com or Knowledge.ULProspector.com. While the editors of this site make every effort to verify the accuracy of its content, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor. All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from Prospector.