Recorded Thursday, December 8 – Presented by Lubrizol
Estane® TPU – Pushing the Boundaries of High-Performance
Extreme conditions – temperature, abrasion, chemical exposure – call for polymers that can withstand the test of time. Lubrizol’s high-performance thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs) are proven to outperform in power and fluid system applications in some of the toughest environments. Beyond being formulated for maximum abrasion resistance, Lubrizol’s new Estane® TPU features higher temperature capability and enhanced chemical resistance, all while maintaining excellent hydrolysis resistance and low temperature flexibility – pushing the boundaries of traditional TPUs!
For more than 55 years, Lubrizol’s Estane® TPU has been a trusted solution for power and fluid system applications because of their reliability and flexibility. Lubrizol’s latest high-performance series Estane® TPU further enhances the ability to meet more requirements in markets with demanding applications.
Applications for High-Performance Estane® TPU:
- Wire and Cable
- Hose and Tube
- Seals and Gaskets
- Belting (power transmission and conveyance, including food production)
- Power/Energy: building/construction, mining, coiled/spiral cables, alternative energy
- Telecommunication: telephone/data, military, fiber optics
- Geophysical: land/marine, ocean bottom/off-shore, umbilical
- Automotive: anti-lock braking systems-ABS harnesses sensor battery
- Oil & Gas: multi-layer, single layer, MUX, downhole and seismic cable
- Industrial: robot, chain, signal
- Mass Transit: train/boat/airplane and subway/airport/public buildings
- Miscellaneous: spiral/retractable, video/audio
Download the slides (for Prospector Members only)
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author or advertiser, and are not necessarily those of ULProspector.com or UL. The appearance of this content in the UL Prospector Knowledge Center does not constitute an endorsement by UL or its affiliates.
All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from UL or the content author.
The content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. While the editors of this site may verify the accuracy of its content from time to time, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor.
UL does not make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness or completeness of the content. UL does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of sites listed or linked to in any content.
Leave a Reply or Comment