Recorded Thursday, December 8 – Presented by Lubrizol
Estane® TPU – Pushing the Boundaries of High-Performance
Extreme conditions – temperature, abrasion, chemical exposure – call for polymers that can withstand the test of time. Lubrizol’s high-performance thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPUs) are proven to outperform in power and fluid system applications in some of the toughest environments. Beyond being formulated for maximum abrasion resistance, Lubrizol’s new Estane® TPU features higher temperature capability and enhanced chemical resistance, all while maintaining excellent hydrolysis resistance and low temperature flexibility – pushing the boundaries of traditional TPUs!
For more than 55 years, Lubrizol’s Estane® TPU has been a trusted solution for power and fluid system applications because of their reliability and flexibility. Lubrizol’s latest high-performance series Estane® TPU further enhances the ability to meet more requirements in markets with demanding applications.
Applications for High-Performance Estane® TPU:
- Wire and Cable
- Hose and Tube
- Seals and Gaskets
- Belting (power transmission and conveyance, including food production)
- Power/Energy: building/construction, mining, coiled/spiral cables, alternative energy
- Telecommunication: telephone/data, military, fiber optics
- Geophysical: land/marine, ocean bottom/off-shore, umbilical
- Automotive: anti-lock braking systems-ABS harnesses sensor battery
- Oil & Gas: multi-layer, single layer, MUX, downhole and seismic cable
- Industrial: robot, chain, signal
- Mass Transit: train/boat/airplane and subway/airport/public buildings
- Miscellaneous: spiral/retractable, video/audio
Download the slides (for Prospector Members only)
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of UL, ULProspector.com or Knowledge.ULProspector.com. While the editors of this site make every effort to verify the accuracy of its content, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor. All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from Prospector.