Want to add a little holiday flair to your personal care formulations? Some of the best seasonal ingredients are most commonly used in foods and as holiday decor. But holly leaf, pecans, peppermint and mistletoe can add a variety of essential benefits to your formulations for everything from aromatherapy products and moisturizers to nail care and anti-aging products.
← Click on the infographic to the left for a larger view!
- Holly leaf extract may be used as a skin conditioning agent or anti-aging agent and improves skin elasticity.
- Walnut seed oil is an emollient and skin conditioning agent that is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Pecan seed oil is a skin conditioning agent that is used in massage oils and for aromatherapy.
- Cranberry seed oil is a skin conditioning agent that is rich in vitamin A and omega 3, 6 and 9.
- Peppermint oil has aromatherapeutic benefits and can be used as an antiseptic and antimicrobial.
- Mistletoe berry extract is a nail and skin conditioning agent with anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
- Brazil nut oil is a hair and skin conditioning agent that can be used as an antioxidant and moisturizer.
- Chestnut leaf extract is a skin conditioning agent and antioxidant.
- Hazelnut seed oil is a skin conditioning agent, moisturizer and antioxidant that is rich in phytosterols, vitamin E and minerals.
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of UL, ULProspector.com or Knowledge.ULProspector.com. While the editors of this site make every effort to verify the accuracy of its content, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor. All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from Prospector.