Want to add a little holiday flair to your personal care formulations? Some of the best seasonal ingredients are most commonly used in foods and as holiday decor. But holly leaf, pecans, peppermint and mistletoe can add a variety of essential benefits to your formulations for everything from aromatherapy products and moisturizers to nail care and anti-aging products.
- Holly leaf extract may be used as a skin conditioning agent or anti-aging agent and improves skin elasticity.
- Walnut seed oil is an emollient and skin conditioning agent that is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Pecan seed oil is a skin conditioning agent that is used in massage oils and for aromatherapy.
- Cranberry seed oil is a skin conditioning agent that is rich in vitamin A and omega 3, 6 and 9.
- Peppermint oil has aromatherapeutic benefits and can be used as an antiseptic and antimicrobial.
- Mistletoe berry extract is a nail and skin conditioning agent with anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
- Brazil nut oil is a hair and skin conditioning agent that can be used as an antioxidant and moisturizer.
- Chestnut leaf extract is a skin conditioning agent and antioxidant.
- Hazelnut seed oil is a skin conditioning agent, moisturizer and antioxidant that is rich in phytosterols, vitamin E and minerals.
Click on the infographic below for a larger view!
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author or advertiser, and are not necessarily those of ULProspector.com or UL. The appearance of this content in the UL Prospector Knowledge Center does not constitute an endorsement by UL or its affiliates.
All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from UL or the content author.
The content has been made available for informational and educational purposes only. While the editors of this site may verify the accuracy of its content from time to time, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor.
UL does not make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy, applicability, fitness or completeness of the content. UL does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of sites listed or linked to in any content.
Leave a Reply or Comment