The evolution of fragrances over the years has been evident in all product categories, not only in today's more complex compositions, but also in their applications and marketing. This infographic shows both traditional and non-traditional uses for fragrances and discusses fragrance trends such as celebrity branding, 'natural' fragrances and increased personalization.
← Click the infographic to the left for a larger view!
Looking for fragrance ingredients for your formulation?
Prospector has hundreds of search results with data sheets and sample request capabilities.
- United Airlines uses fragrance at O'HAre Airport to create "positive transition moments."
- Both Jay-Z and Justin Bieber have branded fragrances, but it's a trend that appears to be waning.
- Partnerships between fragrance houses and top brands are becoming commonplace.
- Consumer demand for 'natural' products is driving the development of 'natural' fragrances, as well.
- Fragrance use among men is growing.
- On-the-go formats are popular with men and women looking for effective and convenient to carry fragrances.
- Brands are increasingly allowing consumers to personalize their fragrance bottles.
The views, opinions and technical analyses presented here are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of UL, ULProspector.com or Knowledge.ULProspector.com. While the editors of this site make every effort to verify the accuracy of its content, we assume no responsibility for errors made by the author, editorial staff or any other contributor. All content is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without prior authorization from Prospector.